Thursday, November 13, 2008

Forgetting my Sarah Marshall

OK So i just finished watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" for like the third time and if you haven't seen it and you like seeing Jason Segal's penis then i recommend watching very funny.
But i have one problem with these semi-chick flick movies that are made to appeal to the testicle having sex. All of them lately seem to have a male character losing his once horrible girlfriend or going through some huge life changing event, ("Elizabethtown" has both) and then directly afterward meeting this girl who completely gives them this new outlook on life and is just unbelievably a perfect girl for them. I don't get it do these girls exist because I've never met one and I'm tired of these movies making me feel like i should be waiting to meet one in some amazing "meet cue". But then i started to think about in another way these writers must kind of dislike women for 2 reasons. the first one being the fact that just about all these movies have a bitch a horrible girl that cheated on the main character or just completely fucked him over in some other way. The second they are doing what the "Lloyd Dobbler" character of John Cusack did for men in the eighties. Giving false hope that this kind of girl is out there I don't think any girl could live up to how cool Natalie Portman(garden State), Kirsten Dunst( Elizabethtown), or Mila Kunis(Forgetting Sarah Marshall) actually are in these movies. By the way if any of these girls are reading this leave a comment and ill give you my number because you In my life right now would be great. But back on topic why do writers do this why do they always paint this unrealistic picture of relationships, and before you say "Bryan its fucking movie you jack ass its supposed to be fictional." I know but I've seen movies where they do make it more realistic and they don't lose anything but the acting is not nearly as good so maybe the writers were going for that and the actors just fucked it up. If you I have to give a for instance i recommend watching the movie "Love & Sex" with Jon Favereau and Famke Jansenn ( On a side note I'm pretty sure I spelled both names wrong) If you pulled anything from yet another worthless rant of mine I hope it was a few good movies to watch and if your semi attractive a chance to get my number.

1 comment:

Caitlin Jeanette said...

im downstairs baby. hah. sorry =(